Are we there yet? Your loading up the gear, buckling in and setting off for your end-of-summer vacation. Whether you are taking a family trip or going on a summer adventure with friends, summer is the perfect time to travel.
Along with what to pack, vehicle safety should play an important role in your summer vacation plans. We recommend having a thorough safety inspection of your vehicle performed by a certified mechanic at least one week before your trip. This will give you time to fix any issues or concerns the mechanic may have, as well as prep for the perfect trip.
Here are some other tips to help make traveling this summer safer for you and your loved ones:
· Check the weather and local traffic laws prior to departing. The weather and traffic can change at any moment. It's important to understand what kind of conditions you are about to face.
· Get plenty of rest before the trip. It's important to get a full eight hours of sleep the night before your trip so you are well rested and ready to take on the day.
· Buckle up seat belts and car seats. Be sure to read the manual and install the car seat correctly, as well as maintain a fastened seat belt at all times.
· Keep supplies with you to avoid excessive stops along the way. Pack items like snacks, water, a first aid kit and any medications your travelers are currently taking.
· If traveling with pets, secure them properly so they have a safe area to ride in. Don't forget extra food, water and treats for your four-legged friends, as well.
· When on the road be sure to allow enough time in your travel schedule to take rest breaks every few hours. If you can, designate drivers and driving periods to avoid one driver becoming fatigue overtime.
Kipper Insurance Agency wants to remind you that seat belt safety can make a difference from one second to the next. We wish each and every driver safe and happy summer travels.